After getting back from Leitrim I went to meet the wonderfully talent Pa Reidy, who had kindly agreed to come out busking with me for my first ever attempt. Pa's a seasoned busker - here he is busking:
After a shaky start we started making some money. And it was fun - drinking beers and swapping every few songs. We made 40 for 2 hours. Not as much as other buskers make but I thought it was grand! Went up to the Open Mic at the Western and played a few songs. Lovely evening actually. O'D was there too. He's very funny. You should check him out. It's strange having a comedian friend - you kind of expect to be made laugh all of the time....and in fairness, they usually deliver...
Today I went out on my own for the first time. Didn't make as much as last night but as we had to split it last night I actually came away with more overrall. Definitely more economical to busk on yer own if you're just playing covers etc. Seems to be more about the songs than anything - people give money when it's a song they love. Simple as that..
Tomorrow I'm going to have another go at busking on the guitar, but also try and get my synth ready to play on the street - I have a feeling I'll make more money with that. I'm not the best singer. I am the best at synth. I'm better than you at synth.
Here's an elephant I'll be riding in Nantes this weekend. I booked my tickets yesterday. No joke.
Yeah you're jealous.


No comments:
Post a Comment