Hello friends, acquaintances, countrymen, stalkers.
First off, there will be no photo updates today. This is due to David losing his phone. In his defence, the moment was pretty epic. We went on a big pub crawl you see - two of our Irish friends had just arrived. Caoife and Sonny, for those of you in the know. We showed up just on time, only to find there were only two others there for the pubcrawl. Not hip. The two guys were cool though, so after a bit of deliberation we decided to ditch the pubcrawl, save the twenty euro, and do our own pubcrawl. Great... in theory. Only you know, we didn't know any pubs in Brussels. Except for the one euro beer pub up the road.
Sounds like heaven, doesn't it? But it's not - you can't leave. It's too cheap. But equally, it's not a good bar or anything; it's a terrible one, with terrible music. We're just cheap and Irish and drunk all the time. So we stayed. We stayed long. At one point I of course fell from my chair in the typical mischievous drunken David fashion. After some help up from Caoife and Dara, I instantly jumped onto my chair and downed my pint yelling "I am king!". I was king. That's when I lost my phone.
The rest of Brussels has been to much of the same tune. Belgian beer is a bit crazy - it's all 8.5-9%, yet tastes lovely and is about the same price as at home. It's just dangerous really. Nothing else bad happened or anything - I just twisted my ankle the next evening and so haven't been able to busk for the last few days. This combined with Sonny being here means I've been partying the last few days.
Honestly though, I think I'm partied out.
I mean seriously.
I wasn't even drunk last night - this isn't hangover talk.
I never thought I'd look forward to going to Berlin in order to....stop drinking.
I am though.
Travelling has made me feel differently about life. Well - travelling and some experiences in my last real job. I think it's time I made my big shot on the world. I'm gonna try and hit this music thing hard, even if it takes all my savings and living crazy cheap on noodles and beans for the next 2-3 years. If I'm not on a clear road to at least quasi-fame by then, I'll ditch that dream completely and work extremely hard on being successful in some other money-making scheme (be it writing or a "real job").
I mean working really hard though.
I've never wanted to work so hard in all my life.
So I am truly sorry if I don't party with you over the next while, or if I'm not as social as I've always been. But I feel like this is my time. I really, really do. I have the drive, the determination, the time. Hopefully I have the talent. Then all it takes is a little bit of luck.
"I'm a driver, I'm a winner. Things are gonna change, I can feel it."
First off, there will be no photo updates today. This is due to David losing his phone. In his defence, the moment was pretty epic. We went on a big pub crawl you see - two of our Irish friends had just arrived. Caoife and Sonny, for those of you in the know. We showed up just on time, only to find there were only two others there for the pubcrawl. Not hip. The two guys were cool though, so after a bit of deliberation we decided to ditch the pubcrawl, save the twenty euro, and do our own pubcrawl. Great... in theory. Only you know, we didn't know any pubs in Brussels. Except for the one euro beer pub up the road.
Sounds like heaven, doesn't it? But it's not - you can't leave. It's too cheap. But equally, it's not a good bar or anything; it's a terrible one, with terrible music. We're just cheap and Irish and drunk all the time. So we stayed. We stayed long. At one point I of course fell from my chair in the typical mischievous drunken David fashion. After some help up from Caoife and Dara, I instantly jumped onto my chair and downed my pint yelling "I am king!". I was king. That's when I lost my phone.
The rest of Brussels has been to much of the same tune. Belgian beer is a bit crazy - it's all 8.5-9%, yet tastes lovely and is about the same price as at home. It's just dangerous really. Nothing else bad happened or anything - I just twisted my ankle the next evening and so haven't been able to busk for the last few days. This combined with Sonny being here means I've been partying the last few days.
Honestly though, I think I'm partied out.
I mean seriously.
I wasn't even drunk last night - this isn't hangover talk.
I never thought I'd look forward to going to Berlin in order to....stop drinking.
I am though.
Travelling has made me feel differently about life. Well - travelling and some experiences in my last real job. I think it's time I made my big shot on the world. I'm gonna try and hit this music thing hard, even if it takes all my savings and living crazy cheap on noodles and beans for the next 2-3 years. If I'm not on a clear road to at least quasi-fame by then, I'll ditch that dream completely and work extremely hard on being successful in some other money-making scheme (be it writing or a "real job").
I mean working really hard though.
I've never wanted to work so hard in all my life.
So I am truly sorry if I don't party with you over the next while, or if I'm not as social as I've always been. But I feel like this is my time. I really, really do. I have the drive, the determination, the time. Hopefully I have the talent. Then all it takes is a little bit of luck.
"I'm a driver, I'm a winner. Things are gonna change, I can feel it."
No comments:
Post a Comment