Monday, September 2, 2013

Lille Likes to Party

Lille was...messy...

We arrived pretty late - took us a long time to find where the girls who'd invited us up lived. By the time we got there they were dressed and ready to go out. Silly girls. Of course the three of us are all going to shower for an hour first. You can't bring us into your house and not expect us to shower. That's what we do. We are shower abusers. So after showers and many drinks we headed out for our first night in Lille. There was a big sort of rummage sale on in the city so it was to be a big party all weekend. We gave up on busking in Lille pretty fast and resigned to party the weekend away.
The nightclub was cool, only problem is we were absolutely wrecked, so we didn't actually manage to keep going 'til closing time. Bad show, I know. We left at 6am, but the club seemed to have no intention of stopping..

Our hosts seemed to have fun at least, though!



After a much needed long sleep we went to the apartment for showers again....which quickly turned to drinking....for dinner I ate a big bag of crisps and a bag of peanuts....sometimes our diet isn't the healthiest on the road...

We went to a big house party, in which there were fire extinguisher fights...that was pretty cool.


We went back to the same club again but this time by jesus we made it to the end. Lots of new friends were made also, and good clean fun was had by all parties involved.


We didn't get home til 9am, so the day was again lost. It's a tricky one. We do love to party, but I spent loads of my savings and didn't busk at all so I guess I'm a little annoyed at myself...but sometimes you've just gotta let loose. Last night we took it quieter, with lots of walking and talking...oh - the French really do love their mussels - as demonstrated by this big pile of mussels.



It's funny - I've actually been out partying for pretty much 3 days straight....but I don't know what to write. It was great fun, but everyone knows what it's like to party...I can't exactly add any mad wisdom. Oh well. We're about an hour from Brussels now - using up all our French internets before we cross the border and they get lost forever. We meet Caoife tomorrow, so the show must go on!

While the next few weeks should be full of fun and antics, I'm really looking forward to having my own bedroom for a few months - living in a van can get tiring! The idea of having a toilet and shower without going outside is a luxury I've never looked forward to so much before - all relative I guess :)




No comments:

Post a Comment