It's mad. I've been planning this for three years. Not directly....not even passively most of the time. But it's always been the plan. Finish college, work to save up money, go live in a van with Dara. Only now we have Finbar too. It's really weird that it's happening tomorrow. I mean it's proper fucked up. I'm genuinely quite nervous that we'll break down or something on the way to the ferry. After all this, to not-leave tomorrow would be so awkward....we couldn't come back...
These past few weeks have been amazing. Busking, Galway Juggling Convention, Body and Soul festival, and generally being unemployed.
Leaving makes you think about everything you take for granted. I've seen my grandparents nearly every day for 15 years now, I'm really gonna miss them. Friends are tricky too. I have some amazing friends. Except for you. I don't even like you. Did I say goodbye to you? I meant good go fuck yourself. I hope you think I was being sincere. I hope your memories of me filled with teddy bears and candy floss - when in reality I'm not even leaving; I'm going to spend the next two years camped outside your house, ringing you anonymously at various times and hanging up just before you answer. I'll also leave twenty euro notes around your garden though, to aid you in your life. Encouraging you to succeed, so that one day, one day you'll have enough money to buy a castle. And when you move into that castle, I will wait just long enough for you to get settled. Then I'm going to burn your castle down. You won't know it was me, because you'll think I've been in Europe for the past 10 years. But it was me. Remember that.
So here it starts. All posts from now on will be full of me complaining about the others and our lack of money. Or crazy adventures. Who knows. I just hope it's good enough material to write a book about. Cash cash. Think we're gonna drive down to Rennes first. Why not..
Goodbye Galway, hopefully see you at Christmas if not sooner :)
These past few weeks have been amazing. Busking, Galway Juggling Convention, Body and Soul festival, and generally being unemployed.
Leaving makes you think about everything you take for granted. I've seen my grandparents nearly every day for 15 years now, I'm really gonna miss them. Friends are tricky too. I have some amazing friends. Except for you. I don't even like you. Did I say goodbye to you? I meant good go fuck yourself. I hope you think I was being sincere. I hope your memories of me filled with teddy bears and candy floss - when in reality I'm not even leaving; I'm going to spend the next two years camped outside your house, ringing you anonymously at various times and hanging up just before you answer. I'll also leave twenty euro notes around your garden though, to aid you in your life. Encouraging you to succeed, so that one day, one day you'll have enough money to buy a castle. And when you move into that castle, I will wait just long enough for you to get settled. Then I'm going to burn your castle down. You won't know it was me, because you'll think I've been in Europe for the past 10 years. But it was me. Remember that.
So here it starts. All posts from now on will be full of me complaining about the others and our lack of money. Or crazy adventures. Who knows. I just hope it's good enough material to write a book about. Cash cash. Think we're gonna drive down to Rennes first. Why not..
Goodbye Galway, hopefully see you at Christmas if not sooner :)
Enjoy you trip! I hope you get what you want from it! :)
ReplyDelete