Fairly uneventful day today. Woke up and found I couldn't really move my right leg at all. I tried not to feel sorry for myself - I definitely deserved it. No idea how or when I hurt my leg but you can't go on these crazy day/night benders and expect not to get hurt.
So spent the most of the day in bed and on Facebook. Then did a Desperados gig in Ennis. Was grand, with the leg I couldn't really do any juggling, but with me being the only guy in the West at the moment who drives I had to do it regardless. Got home fairly quick after...was working with the Galway team too, so they're all lovely and all that. Though I dunno if I'll go drinking with them again. I want to live to make it to this trip.
I think on days that I didn't really do anything interesting I'll either rant about something or relive a past memory that might interest you. Yes you. I'm talking to you. I know what you look like. You've gotten fat, too. You thought I didn't notice. ..but let's face it - not even I'm all that interested in the above.
One thing that's been bothering me in the last few days, is just how honest to be on this blog, or how open, assuming full honesty?
On one hand, I want to go extreme; saying everything I think/feel and just going for it. I think this leads to the most interesting reading for you, and writing for me. But of course some people wouldn't want me writing everything. My friends would stop telling me anything personal in case I put it on my blog. So where do you draw the line?
This is an actual question, too - I really would like to hear your suggestions...I'm not exactly a famous blogger just yet so if you're reading this you can be pretty sure I value your opinion and feedback.
Unless you're Colum. Then you're just a dick.
So from tomorrow, should I be writing literally everything? Should I instead just try to be vague, or perhaps even Gossip Girl style, renaming the characters?
I guess the reason this is important to me is lately I've become obsessive about sort of "pushing it" - in every aspect of my life. The older I get the more concerned I get that I'm getting older. It's never too late, but it is getting later, and I do want to be really big. My backup plans in life all still involve me being filthy rich. Maybe it's selfish, maybe it's cocky... it is probably completely unrealistic. But it is me, and it's about time I was honest about that - at least with myself. I can still tell you all that I'm more about the deep things in life. Art, man. Yeah. I do love music. I love music more than anything else in the world. But I'll have music whether I'm the next Kanye West or the next homeless person singing in some strange (yet grammatically accurate and incredibly articulate) language..creative people have a tendency to assume that because one thing brings them happiness, it means that other things must bring them unhappiness. Just because music and love are free does not make money a bad thing.
"I'm a driver I'm a winner - things are gonna change I can feel it."
No comments:
Post a Comment