So, I'm gonna be leaving in two months. Running away with the circus. Well, three-man circus. When does it become a circus anyway? Is there an official standard? A minimum of two horses and an overweight, drunk and angry ringmaster. I could be all of those. Three-man circus is a good name for an act..
It's strange though, since we bought the campervan, time seems to move really slowly. Every day I think about how long it is left 'til we leave, and it doesn't seem to get any shorter. Maybe it's Groundhog day or something. I guess it's because of the sheer volume we talk about it. Not in a bad way or anything, but it seems to crop up in nearly every conversation. Which is fun. But tiring. Feels like I could be annoying people too, but I hope not. Sorry..
Lots of tricky things to sort out before I go too. First there's the job. Told my managers while hammered last night that I'll be leaving. In fairness, they were absolutely lovely about it. All said they'd be happy to give me a good reference and all that! So gonna hand in my official notice in two weeks and finish up mid-June. It's been a fun job, learned loads, made some new friends. And Matteo. All good. Got loads of money too. Not enough money though - I wanna be rich. Like, really rich. I don't get why most people say they don't care about money. Maybe they don't, and that's fine, but I reckon most do. And I don't understand why it's a bad thing. We're human - we've always wanted wealth. I wanna be a superstar, and spend all my money on cocaine. Though I guess you don't need to buy your cocaine if you're a superstar...the ironies of life, huh? That's a joke mum, I'm not gonna do cocaine when I'm famous. I already do cocaine.
That brings me to the next bit - the becoming a superstar part. Gonna be pushing the music stuff lots while on the road I hope. Always wanted to be a musician but never really gotten around to it. It annoys me how little I really practice, for someone who wants to be famous. 10,000 hours and all that. But fuck it, never too late right? What would you do if you were famous? Would you change? Would you forget all of your friends? I think I'll keep my friends, they're alright, but I'd definitely associate with famous people loads. They're all driven people. I love driven people. Except Big Brother celebrities, being famous for...living isn't really all that spectacular. Or maybe that's the best fame -minimal effort. You'd get to hang out with Stephen Fry if you were famous, too. Maybe I'd get to meet Tom Waits. What would I say though? "Love your music so so so so much.." "Thanks.." "Nice weather today huh?" "Shut up David"
Thinking I'd like to write a book too. Always wanted to write a book, and travelling the world living in a campervan might make for a pretty good story. Dunno how good I am at writing though. I tend to write very conversational-y. And use short sentences. That's agile.
No idea how you publish a book. Guess I'll just write it first.
So gonna try and keep this blog until I go at least - get used to writing every day. I'll probably mostly just post my most intimate deep and dark secrets. And everything I know about you. Fame has a price, and you're going to pay it.
As for actual daily life, other than getting drunk with work people last night I also went to a gig for a while. Pa Reidy was playing in the Roisin. That guy's gonna be famous for sure, if he actually works at it. He's impressively lazy, but impressively talented too. I hope he does make it though, then I can be all "I knew him before he was famous" and my kids will be like "We don't care, who are you anyway? We haven't seen you in five years.." and I'll tell them they're ungrateful little bastards, who're just like their mother, and they're both accidents and won't ever amount to anything and if they do I'll steal all their money Gary Coleman style and use it to buy loads of cocaine.
Byeeee ;)
It's strange though, since we bought the campervan, time seems to move really slowly. Every day I think about how long it is left 'til we leave, and it doesn't seem to get any shorter. Maybe it's Groundhog day or something. I guess it's because of the sheer volume we talk about it. Not in a bad way or anything, but it seems to crop up in nearly every conversation. Which is fun. But tiring. Feels like I could be annoying people too, but I hope not. Sorry..
Lots of tricky things to sort out before I go too. First there's the job. Told my managers while hammered last night that I'll be leaving. In fairness, they were absolutely lovely about it. All said they'd be happy to give me a good reference and all that! So gonna hand in my official notice in two weeks and finish up mid-June. It's been a fun job, learned loads, made some new friends. And Matteo. All good. Got loads of money too. Not enough money though - I wanna be rich. Like, really rich. I don't get why most people say they don't care about money. Maybe they don't, and that's fine, but I reckon most do. And I don't understand why it's a bad thing. We're human - we've always wanted wealth. I wanna be a superstar, and spend all my money on cocaine. Though I guess you don't need to buy your cocaine if you're a superstar...the ironies of life, huh? That's a joke mum, I'm not gonna do cocaine when I'm famous. I already do cocaine.
That brings me to the next bit - the becoming a superstar part. Gonna be pushing the music stuff lots while on the road I hope. Always wanted to be a musician but never really gotten around to it. It annoys me how little I really practice, for someone who wants to be famous. 10,000 hours and all that. But fuck it, never too late right? What would you do if you were famous? Would you change? Would you forget all of your friends? I think I'll keep my friends, they're alright, but I'd definitely associate with famous people loads. They're all driven people. I love driven people. Except Big Brother celebrities, being famous for...living isn't really all that spectacular. Or maybe that's the best fame -minimal effort. You'd get to hang out with Stephen Fry if you were famous, too. Maybe I'd get to meet Tom Waits. What would I say though? "Love your music so so so so much.." "Thanks.." "Nice weather today huh?" "Shut up David"
Thinking I'd like to write a book too. Always wanted to write a book, and travelling the world living in a campervan might make for a pretty good story. Dunno how good I am at writing though. I tend to write very conversational-y. And use short sentences. That's agile.
No idea how you publish a book. Guess I'll just write it first.
So gonna try and keep this blog until I go at least - get used to writing every day. I'll probably mostly just post my most intimate deep and dark secrets. And everything I know about you. Fame has a price, and you're going to pay it.
As for actual daily life, other than getting drunk with work people last night I also went to a gig for a while. Pa Reidy was playing in the Roisin. That guy's gonna be famous for sure, if he actually works at it. He's impressively lazy, but impressively talented too. I hope he does make it though, then I can be all "I knew him before he was famous" and my kids will be like "We don't care, who are you anyway? We haven't seen you in five years.." and I'll tell them they're ungrateful little bastards, who're just like their mother, and they're both accidents and won't ever amount to anything and if they do I'll steal all their money Gary Coleman style and use it to buy loads of cocaine.
Byeeee ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment