Monday, May 13, 2013

Open Mic At the Róisín Dubh

Worked in Ennis on Saturday night for Desperados. Was a fun gig actually. We were a person short but it worked out perfectly. Meant when it was busy I helped hand out the beers, but there were also plenty of gaps for me to do tricks, and enough space to not-drop-them-everywhere! My last one, I'll kind of miss them. Especially the ones in Galway; getting drunk and handing out free beers has to be one of the most fun jobs ever. And the team were great fun to drink with too...from what I remember. Hopefully I'll see them all again before I leave..
Got home around 2am - Catherine had a few people over drinking and chatting. Was kinda sleepy though so didn't stay and party. I know, right? Sleep when you're dead. Don't like that phrase really though. You're not asleep when you're dead. Still, though, Summer's coming - it's important to have a good time, all the time.
Last night was fun, my sister and I cooked dinner for my Grandparents, tasty tasty. And after playing them a few songs (I like playing for them, I'm not sure that they like the music...I'm not even sure they can hear it, but they seem to enjoy it), I went in to the Open Mic at the Róisín.
It's such a good open mic. I almost try not to talk about it as it's even better when it's not packed - and it's usually packed. One of Galway's little secrets; so many good musicians packed into one little room. And you get to play, too. Stayed out for a few pints after as...well, I'm not exactly stressed at work these days. So why not stroll in at 11, right? I'll still get it all done...though in the last hour it looks like they mightn't want me to put in what I've been working on, as they're worried it's too fragile an area of code. I really don't get that. You've gotta improve. If it breaks something, it breaks something and you fix it. You can't stop improving because your release date is soon...unless you only have one release date. But in that case, the answer is to have more release dates. I have three weeks left here - I don't really care. But let the developers do their jobs. If you don't trust them not to break everything, you need new developers.

No comments:

Post a Comment