Thursday, May 9, 2013

Life Festival, Body and Soul Festival, So many Festival. Yes, the plural of festival is Festival. Don't look it up.

Good day!
So, looks like it's going to be a fun party time here in Ireland before we leave for our...fun party time. Dara and I are now booked to do fire juggling at Life Festival and Body and Soul Festival. Which is nice. Not going to be half as nervous as we have been at past fire juggling gigs - think we're fairly happy with our routine for fire in general, just going to try and add the pièce de résistance: Dara standing on my shoulders while he juggles fire clubs. Which he gets into from me throwing the third club (on fire) up to him above my head. Which in turn I hope to get (this bit could be hard with fire), by standing on one leg for a second and throwing it to my hand with my...foot.....I mean, we can do it not-on-fire (what's the adjective here?), which we're extremely happy about and have been telling everyone about. Even you, probably. But on fire is another matter.

We need to push our street show way more though. We've been performing for a few years together now, but have never really done anything on the street. It'll be a street learning curve, but I guess it's always a good idea to dive into the deep end with these things.

But I do love festivals. So I'm pretty happy about that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David, I have just discovered your blogs- and they're really good :) I hope you weren't as disappointed as were with Lifes terrible decision to drop us in order to 'maximise ticket sales' as it was so kindly put in her email...

    Hi,
    How are you? Well i hope. I have a bit of unfortunate news for some of the groups im organizing for this years life festival. the organizers have been having terrible trouble with the garda over the max capacity for the festival this year. It has been reduced from 5000 to 4500 the current number of working staff and volenteers at the festival is just over 1400 and ticket sales are really flying along.

    So all sections of the festival have been asked to reduce their numbers of volenteers/some performances to ensure we stay within the max capacity and maximise ticket sales. Your collective is the largest one i have and therefore the most tickets that i could afford to free up for festival goers to purchase.

    I was very reluctant to agree but after reviewing my program many times i feel cutting your performance collective is the only way i can satisfy the organizers with the current situation they are facing.

    Im am so sorry for this, i hope it dose not sour your or your collectives opinion of the festival and we do hope to keep in touch about other opportunities in the future.

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete