So, today looks like it'll be the day I make it official. Or at least semi-official; written notices are confusing things. It feels strange - I feel almost guilty leaving. I really do like the team here. I've enjoyed working here loads. While on one hand meeting certain crazy good programmers has taught me a whole lot of humility in this field, I do feel like I've learned an awful lot since joining Cisco..
But what have I learned?
Only messing - that'd be a terrible blog.
Out again last night. I really am a baller these days. Quiet this time though. But quiet does mean expensive - even with Matteo buying most of your pints. Gotta watch those savings. Five euro in a pub here could mean an extra dinner on the road.
Think I'm going to finish work a week earlier than I had originally planned. It's gonna be hard to practice synth stuff when on the road so would like to get as much time free as possible now. Only issue is when at home it's so easy to sleep for twelve hours and eat the other twelve away. Need to be regimental. Hopefully it'll work...a nice idea might be to have sort of set days as in an office, only everyone works from home. Ie we must be on Skype from 9-6, sort of update every hour or two. Hit certain goals or we don't get our performance bonus (only now bonus measured in cocaine rather than money....only messing it's in cocaine at the moment too).. What do you think Finbar, Dara? Has anyone else tried this in the past? Did it work?
Or did you just end up lying to your friends, then feeding the lies more and more, telling them you're doing 14 hour days when really you've just been lying in bed, covered in chocolate, watching incredible amounts of video while masturbating furiously. Until you can't take the heat any more. You come clean and then the disappointment hits. Your friends aren't your friends anymore. There is no trip. There is no cocaine. But you've already quit your job. You can't go on the dole because you left voluntarily. You're fucked. You're well and truly fucked.
Needs more thought.
But what have I learned?
Only messing - that'd be a terrible blog.
Out again last night. I really am a baller these days. Quiet this time though. But quiet does mean expensive - even with Matteo buying most of your pints. Gotta watch those savings. Five euro in a pub here could mean an extra dinner on the road.
Think I'm going to finish work a week earlier than I had originally planned. It's gonna be hard to practice synth stuff when on the road so would like to get as much time free as possible now. Only issue is when at home it's so easy to sleep for twelve hours and eat the other twelve away. Need to be regimental. Hopefully it'll work...a nice idea might be to have sort of set days as in an office, only everyone works from home. Ie we must be on Skype from 9-6, sort of update every hour or two. Hit certain goals or we don't get our performance bonus (only now bonus measured in cocaine rather than money....only messing it's in cocaine at the moment too).. What do you think Finbar, Dara? Has anyone else tried this in the past? Did it work?
Or did you just end up lying to your friends, then feeding the lies more and more, telling them you're doing 14 hour days when really you've just been lying in bed, covered in chocolate, watching incredible amounts of video while masturbating furiously. Until you can't take the heat any more. You come clean and then the disappointment hits. Your friends aren't your friends anymore. There is no trip. There is no cocaine. But you've already quit your job. You can't go on the dole because you left voluntarily. You're fucked. You're well and truly fucked.
Needs more thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment