Monday, May 20, 2013

Norway: 6 points. David: Drunk

Good weekend. Spent Friday night practicing guitar and singing...wanna get out and start busking very soon. As soon as I finish up in Cisco I think. Two weeks left now. I figure I probably won't make much at all at first (if ever), but if I make myself live only on money made from busking it'll be a good way to manage my finances. If you make 50 quid, you go party hard. If you make a fiver you buy your lunch and go home to practice some more. Except rainy days I guess. Pa said I could go out with him at the start, that'd be awesome. It's strange - I've played gigs, tonnes of open mics, and tonnes of stage performances juggling, but going out in the street where most people won't even notice me scares the hell out of me.
Went to meet Dave for breakfast on Saturday morning. Have I mentioned Dave on this before? Dave's a genius. He was in my class in college and I swear he studied for most exams the night before. I mean lots of people do that in general, but it's tricky enough to do for 4th year pure-maths exams...and trickier still to get a 1:1. I hope he manages (or someone else manages) to capitalize on his genius, 'cus that guy could be big. I'd certainly like to work with him at some point anyway. Problem with Dave, is the same problem as most of my friends...although we did spend an hour walking around after breakfast, the next step was inevitably a pub. So we spent the day drinking and discussing moneymaking schemes. I often wonder how much potential in Ireland is squandered by alcohol...I mean, we really are an impressive country when you look at sort of per-capita achievement. But still, we probably drink more than any other country. Wonder what would happen if we all stopped drinking for a month at the same time? Would we become German; super efficient and taller? Or is our over-achieving in fact a result of the creativity brought about by alcohol? Or maybe it's a result of everyone liking Irish people...mostly as a result of alcohol..
So it got pretty messy then. Went to Emma's for a Eurovision party but it's... blurry. We were playing the points game - you each get two countries and must drink for each point they receive. Fun game.
Did the open mic last night too. Was quieter than usual, which was nice for a change. I love that the Roisin open mic has gotten so popular, as it's such a lovely event and deserves it, but at the same time it is really nice when it's not-too-crowded to sit down and Tracy doesn't have to rush through everyone to fit as many people in as possible. Played "In My Eyes"... it was about trying to remember the nice things about someone after a breakup. I've gotten a lot better at that though. I don't really hate any ex at all. Maybe that's just growing up..
Big fancy open mic next week...I really want to play my synth/loop pedal setup at it. Just once before I leave....I'll ask. People do use fancy setups sometimes at them but it is annoying...I dunno! What do you think? Synth? No Synth? You tell me..or don't, you know, whatever..I don't care...I wasn't gonna listen anyway....only messing....please love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment