Yesterday was a normal day at work. Pretty mundane apart from the coffee/lunch breaks with the Italians. So I won't write about that.
Taught Francesco guitar after work - lesson 3. We have a bet, you see. I reckon you can learn the guitar in two weeks. I don't mean becoming the next Hendrix or anything. Good enough to play most songs by reading the tab and strum/pick them properly. That is, as good as 90% of guitar players..the trick is practice. Sounds stupid, but I reckon if he does one hour practice a day, he'll get there in two weeks. It's a win win for him - if he doesn't manage to learn he's gotten free guitar lessons for two weeks. If he does manage, he has to pay me but...he's learnt the guitar for a very low price. What do you reckon? Is that crazy? It will annoy me in one way if it works; I spent years learning the guitar and still ain't all that good. But that's not really the point, is it?
After the lesson I went in to the Crane for a gig. I used to go to loads of gigs, but when work started getting crazier I couldn't really keep up with them. Which was really shitty. It's pretty awesome to be back going to everything, even if it's only for a month and a half. I'm not sure what to write about gigs - I don't read music or gig reviews ever. Does anyone? So unless I'm just that dickhead who never reads your music review, I guess there's no point in writing about them here. But I'll say this, it was awesome. Tracy Bruen, Pa Reidy and Stephen Sharpe played. If you do live in Galway and like music, you really must start going to these gigs. They're usually free, and the talent in Galway is ridiculous.
Went to the Roisin for pints following the gig. That was great fun - got drunk with O'D and abused Pa a lot. Everyone was there actually. Was hard to talk to everyone as there were so many people to be talked to. That used to happen every time I went to the Roisin, but now it's once in a blue moon. Getting old, man, getting old. I can afford to drink Blue Moon now though. Tasty.
Stole Pa Reidy's guitar when I was leaving. Seemed like a good idea, but half way down the street I realised however funny it might be, it'd be an awful lot of effort to get it back to him tomorrow. So I went back. Really need to follow through on my evil plans more. Taking a semi-professional musician's guitar home with you - classic.
It started raining about half way home. I stopped under a tree for a minute in case it stopped (it didn't). But man, I don't know if it was the booze, the giddiness of stealing stuff, the chips in my belly or just sheer fatigue - but it looked beautiful. I mean properly beautiful. And I hate reading that kinda shit. The trees looked so lovely in the glimmering sunshine - shut up. This is an amazing city/town/whatever you want to call it.
I'm gonna miss it. And I'm gonna miss you all.
Taught Francesco guitar after work - lesson 3. We have a bet, you see. I reckon you can learn the guitar in two weeks. I don't mean becoming the next Hendrix or anything. Good enough to play most songs by reading the tab and strum/pick them properly. That is, as good as 90% of guitar players..the trick is practice. Sounds stupid, but I reckon if he does one hour practice a day, he'll get there in two weeks. It's a win win for him - if he doesn't manage to learn he's gotten free guitar lessons for two weeks. If he does manage, he has to pay me but...he's learnt the guitar for a very low price. What do you reckon? Is that crazy? It will annoy me in one way if it works; I spent years learning the guitar and still ain't all that good. But that's not really the point, is it?
After the lesson I went in to the Crane for a gig. I used to go to loads of gigs, but when work started getting crazier I couldn't really keep up with them. Which was really shitty. It's pretty awesome to be back going to everything, even if it's only for a month and a half. I'm not sure what to write about gigs - I don't read music or gig reviews ever. Does anyone? So unless I'm just that dickhead who never reads your music review, I guess there's no point in writing about them here. But I'll say this, it was awesome. Tracy Bruen, Pa Reidy and Stephen Sharpe played. If you do live in Galway and like music, you really must start going to these gigs. They're usually free, and the talent in Galway is ridiculous.
Went to the Roisin for pints following the gig. That was great fun - got drunk with O'D and abused Pa a lot. Everyone was there actually. Was hard to talk to everyone as there were so many people to be talked to. That used to happen every time I went to the Roisin, but now it's once in a blue moon. Getting old, man, getting old. I can afford to drink Blue Moon now though. Tasty.
Stole Pa Reidy's guitar when I was leaving. Seemed like a good idea, but half way down the street I realised however funny it might be, it'd be an awful lot of effort to get it back to him tomorrow. So I went back. Really need to follow through on my evil plans more. Taking a semi-professional musician's guitar home with you - classic.
It started raining about half way home. I stopped under a tree for a minute in case it stopped (it didn't). But man, I don't know if it was the booze, the giddiness of stealing stuff, the chips in my belly or just sheer fatigue - but it looked beautiful. I mean properly beautiful. And I hate reading that kinda shit. The trees looked so lovely in the glimmering sunshine - shut up. This is an amazing city/town/whatever you want to call it.
I'm gonna miss it. And I'm gonna miss you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment